Competitions and Campaigns
|Golf 2019 SOCIAL MEDIA COMPEITION: Offline
1. Putt a hole in 1.
2. Take a picture in our booth.
3. Upload the picture to Instagram, hash tagging #QDFGolf.
Offline: Hamper of Qatar Duty Free Products
For Qatar Duty Free’s Golf competition online, the following rules apply:
1. Participants must follow @QatarDutyFree (QDF) on the social media platform the competition is promoted on.
2. Eligible entries must upload their photo taken in the photo frame within the QDF booth at Doha Golf Masters and upload image with #QDFgolf taken within the photo frame.
4. Participant’s Instagram profile must be set to public, in order for their post to be seen.
5. Each participant is allowed to Putt as many attempts as they like.
6. Competition dates will be clearly stated. All entries outside of the competition timings will be excluded.
7. Competition submissions close at 23:59 on March 10th 2019.
8. Prizes are to be claimed by 16:00pm on April 10th 2019. Qatar Duty Free reserves the right to award the prize to the second runner up, if the item is not collected on time.
9. The competition will only be valid on the social platforms mentioned at the time of the competition.
10. Winners will be announced on our social platforms. The winners name/account name will be published across our social media accounts.
11. Qatar Duty Free reserves the right to repost contestant’s pictures.
12. To claim any prize the winner must submit a copy of his/her Qatar National ID and Passport.
13. QDF does not hold any liability to lost/damaged items through the transit of delivering the item.
14. The winner can contact QDF at email@example.com for more information.
15. Qatar Airways Group staff (excluding QDF staff) is eligible to participate.
16. General terms and conditions of each competition apply, along with the rules provided at the time of the competition.
17. The participant must follow the competition mechanics in order for a chance to win.
18. All other terms and conditions of Qatar Duty Free and Qatar Airways apply.
Golf 2019 SOCIAL MEDIA COMPEITION
In what year did QDF begin its partnership with the Doha Golf Masters?
1. Submit your Answer with the hashtag #QDFGolf
2. Tag 2 friends
Online: QDF Voucher
For Qatar Duty Free’s Golf competition online, the following rules apply:
1. Participants must follow @QatarDutyFree (QDF) on the social media platform the competition is promoted on.
2. Participant’s Instagram profile must be set to public, in order for their post to be seen.
3. Participants must guess the correct answer in the comments section of the post.
4. Each participant is allowed to guess more than 1 answer.
5. Participant must tag 2 friends in the post, then share the original post.
6. If more than 1 user guesses the right answer, all users will be entered into a draw to win.
7. Competition dates will be clearly stated. All entries outside of the competition timings will be excluded.
8. Total prize value is QAR 5,000 and is not redeemable for cash, or transferrable.
9. Exclusions apply. Voucher cannot be redeemed for BEIN shop, Chopard, Gold and AU gold, Let’s Popcorn, Moncler, Mulberry, Nails and Hair bar, International Medical Company (Pharmacy), PSG Sports Store, Qatar Museum Authority, Rolex, Seal and Go, and WH Smith and the categories of Tobacco and electronics.
10. Competition submissions close at 23:59 on March 10th 2019.
11. Prizes are to be claimed by 16:00pm on 10th of April 2019. Qatar Duty Free reserves the right to award the prize to the second runner up, if the item is not collected on time.
12. The competition will only be valid on the social platforms mentioned at the time of the competition.
13. Winners will be announced on our social platforms. The winners name/account name will be published across our social media accounts.
14. Qatar Duty Free reserves the right to repost contestant’s pictures.
15. To claim any prize the winner must submit a copy of his/her Qatar National ID and Passport.
16. QDF does not hold any liability to lost/damaged items through the transit of delivering the item.
17. The winner can contact QDF at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
18. Qatar Airways Group staff (excluding QDF staff) are eligible to participate.
19. General terms and conditions of each competition apply, along with the rules provided at the time of the competition.
20. The participant must follow the competition mechanics in order for a chance to win.
21. All other terms and conditions of Qatar Duty Free and Qatar Airways apply.
Copyright and Trademark Information
All materials on this website are protected by copyrights, trademarks and/or other
intellectual property rights. These materials are owned by Qatar Duty Free or are
used with permission of their owners or as otherwise authorized by law. Protected
materials include, but are not limited to, the text, trademarks, source code, databases,
logos, photographs, images, video clips, audio clips, designs, trade dress and other
materials contained in this website. All rights are reserved, worldwide.
Users may download, print or reproduce portions of Qatar Duty Free’ materials, for
their personal, non-commercial use and enjoyment. All other use of any material
(including, without limitation, photographs, articles, press releases, software,
comments, tables or charts, video clips, logos) on this website is strictly prohibited.
By way of illustration, such prohibited use may include, the extraction, redistribution,
republication, modification, broadcasting, sale or otherwise making available of
any of the information or material on this website (in any format) to third parties.
In addition to this restriction, you agree to comply with all copyright notices,
information, or restrictions contained in any material accessed through this website.
Unauthorised use of this website, or any of the information or material contained
on this website is illegal and as such may give rise to, amongst other things, a
claim for damages and may also be a criminal offence.
Disclaimers And Limitations Of Liability
Whilst the Product Information and all other website material is provided in good
faith, by using this website, you agree and acknowledge that Qatar Duty Free makes
no representations, warranties or claims as to the accuracy of the Product Information
or any other material on this website. Further more, you agree that the Product
Information and website material does not constitute any form of advice or recommendation
Qatar Duty Free disclaims all implied warranties relating to your use of this website
and the information, products and services contained in this website. To the maximum
extent permissible under law, all information on this website is provided without
any warranty (either express or implied by law or otherwise) or implied term of
any kind, including but not limited to any implied warranties or implied terms of
satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement of third
By using this website, you agree that Qatar Duty Free will not be liable to you
for any direct, indirect, consequential or any other loss arising from the use (or
non-use) of the information, products and services contained in this website or
from your access of other material via links from this website. The exclusions and
limitations contained in these terms and conditions apply to the maximum extent
permitted by law.
Qatar Duty Free does not guarantee that use of this website will be compatible with
all hardware and software which may be used by visitors to the site.
Except as set out in clause 6, Qatar Duty Free will be under no liability to you
whatsoever, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory
duty, restitution or otherwise for any injury, death, damage or direct, indirect
or consequential loss (all three of which terms include, without limitation, pure
economic loss, loss of profits, loss of business, depletion of goodwill and like
loss) howsoever caused arising out of or in connection with the use of this website
or the use, accessing, downloading or relying on any information or other materials
contained in this website, including, without limitation, as a result of any computer
These terms and conditions do not exclude Qatar Duty Free' liability (if any) to
you for personal injury or death resulting from Qatar Duty Free' negligence, for
fraud or for any matter which it would be illegal for Qatar Airway to exclude or
to attempt to exclude its liability.
Subject to clause 6, Qatar Airways' entire liability in respect of any matter or
series of matters arising out of or in connection with Qatar Airways' provision
of this website and any service by Qatar Airways or anything there under by any
means shall be limited to US$1,000 in total for each and every event or series of
You shall indemnify Qatar Duty Free and its licensors and keep Qatar Duty Free and
its licensors indemnified against all losses, damages, claims and costs (including
legal cost) caused or suffered by Qatar Duty Free and/or its licensors as a result
of a breach by you of any of these terms and conditions.
relating to the use of this website. These terms and conditions supersede all previous
contracts, arrangements, representations (other than fraudulent misrepresentation),
terms implied by law, understandings between the parties whether written, arising
from custom, orally or otherwise. These terms and conditions are written in the
English language. If you do not understand English, please obtain assistance as
necessary for you to understand these terms and conditions as you will be deemed
to understand and accept them if you use this website.
2. If any part of these terms and conditions are found by any court, tribunal, administrative
body or authority of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable
then that provision will, to the extent required, be severed from these terms and
conditions and will be ineffective without, as far as possible, modifying any other
parts of these terms and conditions and this will not affect any other provisions
of the amended terms and conditions, which will remain in full force and effect.
3. There shall be no waiver of any term, provision or condition of these terms and
conditions, unless such waiver is evidenced in writing and signed by the party granting
4. The terms and conditions of this website and the materials contained within it
shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
The English courts shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction to adjudicate any disputes,
which may arise as a result. You agree that Qatar Duty Free reserves the right to
bring an action against you in any country it deems appropriate.
5. Although Qatar Duty Free is it does not promise error or fault free operation
or that the services provided by will meet your requirements.
Qatar Duty Free
P.O. Box: 22553
Doha - Qatar
Last updated 28 March 2011
Modifications To Terms
These terms and conditions and/or other information provided on this website may
be updated, amended, changed or removed by Qatar Duty Free at anytime and without
further notice to you. You should re-read these terms and conditions every time
you visit the website and ensure that you review all the relevant documents each
time you use this website. By using this website you agree to be bound by the latest
version of such documents.
Paying By Credit Card
Your credit card will be charged at the time you make your order. You agree that
we may need to verify your credit card details and method of payment before processing
Credit card details are held in a secure environment and transferred through an
internationally accepted system. Qatar Duty Free accepts three major credits cards:
Visa, Master, and Diners Club.
Qatar Duty Free will not be held responsible for any loss, theft, damage or unauthorised
use of a credit card, whether in the course of the online purchasing process or
In the event that your credit card is charged and Qatar Duty Free declines to accept
your order, Qatar Duty Free will process a refund on your payment card.
Qatar Duty Free will have no liability for unavailable products or raffle tickets
and may reject any order, or any part of an order due for this reason. In such cases,
Qatar Duty Free may offer alternatives or a refund in the event your credit card
In the event that the credit card payment cannot be processed for whatever reason,
Qatar Duty Free will have no obligation to make the goods available for you.
This website contains information about the products and services which Qatar Duty
Free (or other third parties) may offer (referred to as Product Information). The
Product Information may include details about future intentions of Qatar Duty Free
(e.g. details of products/services it intends to launch) and information about its
current products and services. The purpose of providing the Product Information
is to help you to find out more about Qatar Duty Free' products and services and
to assist you obtain these products and services.
Qatar Duty Free website gives you the opportunity to make advance purchases of duty
free goods for collection at Hamad International Airport on your travel date and
purchase raffle tickets for Qatar Duty Free’ prize draws.
Placement of an order on the website is an offer to purchase Qatar Duty Free products
and does not constitute acceptance by Qatar Duty Free of your order, until such
time that your order is dispatched to you. Qatar Duty Free reserves the right at
any time up to this point to accept or decline your order without giving any reason.
If Qatar Duty Free does decline your order, Qatar Duty Free will attempt to notify
you of this using the contact details you provide with your order.
When you place an order through the website you will be required to provide certain
information, including an email address, which we may use to contact you with respect
to your order. If you place an order for duty free goods, you will also be required
to provide your flight, nationality and passport details. If placing an order for
raffle tickets, you will also be required to provide a shipping address. Qatar Duty
Free will not be responsible for any liability whatsoever, arising from a failure
to provide valid and correct details at the time of purchase.
Purchase of Raffle Tickets
In the case of raffle ticket purchases you are not required to be a travelling party,
as the tickets will be delivered to the shipping address specified by you at the
time of purchase. Raffle tickets will not be available for collection at Hamad International
When purchasing the tickets you will be given the option to choose a raffle ticket
number for the ticket. You are not guaranteed a specific number, and will be required
to choose from the available numbers in respect of the given prize draw.
All tickets are subject to additional terms and conditions contained on the actual
ticket. In the event of any discrepancy or conflict between the terms and conditions
on this website and the terms and conditions on the ticket, the terms and conditions
on ticket shall apply to the extent of such discrepancy or conflict.
Qatar Duty Free will deliver tickets purchased through the website to the shipping
address provided by you at the time of purchase. It is your responsibility to provide
a complete and accurate shipping address. There may be restrictions on the shipping
addresses which Qatar Duty Free is able to deliver to for example, PO Box addresses.
Qatar Duty Free will aim to dispatch your raffle ticket(s) within three (3) days
of receipt of confirmation that it has received payment for the ticket(s). Delivery
times may vary depending on the location of the shipping address.
At the time of delivery, you may be required to sign for the ticket(s). In the event
that you are not available for signature, Qatar Duty Free may request that someone
else present at the shipping address, or a neighbour, sign for the tickets on your
behalf. In other cases, the goods may be left in a safe place at the shipping address.
Qatar Duty Free will be entitled to treat delivery of the ticket(s) in accordance
with this term as receipt and acceptance of the ticket(s) by you and its delivery
In the event of a failed delivery of the ticket(s) for whatever reason, Qatar Duty
Free will attempt to contact you using the contact details provided by you at the
time of purchase. If Qatar Duty Free is unable to contact you, Qatar Duty Free will
be entitled to treat the order as cancelled and arrange a refund to the credit card
used for payment.
Qatar Duty Free will not be responsible in any way for any failure of the tickets
to reach your shipping address prior to the prize draw.
Ownership of the goods will pass to you on delivery.
You shall be responsible for all costs and charges in respect of delivery.
Purchase of Pre-ordered Duty Free Goods
To purchase duty free goods you must be a travelling passenger, as you will be required to collect the goods from Hamad International Airport on your travel date. Qatar Duty Free will not deliver any good(s) to any customer.
Subject to availability, the pre-ordered goods will be available either at the Qatar Duty Free shop, or at a designated counter for Qatar Duty Free website sales at Hamad International Airport on your travel date. At the time of collection of good(s), you will need to present your order confirmation to the Qatar Duty Free staff member.
Qatar Duty Free will not be responsible for any failure on your part to collect the good(s), nor shall Qatar Duty Free have any responsibility to hold uncollected goods past your travel date.
Ownership of the goods will pass to you on collection.
Refund & Exchange Policy
At Qatar Duty Free (QDF), we strive to provide 100% customer satisfaction. When it comes to the possibility of refunding or exchanging a product, one of the key elements is to inform the customer to retain their receipt as well as the warranty card in certain cases.
Retention of the receipt will allow for an efficient return or exchange.
Returns & exchanges will only be approved if the returned or exchanged product is returned in the original sealed box with all QDF tags intact, in saleable condition. It must be accompanied by a receipt and within
the 90-day period from date of purchase.
The following will apply in the case of request for refund or exchange of products previously purchased at QDF.
Returns & Exchanges - With Receipt
Within 90 days from original date of purchase.
Refunds will be provided in the same tender that the purchase was paid in
Cash will be refunded in cash (all refunds in Qatari Riyal)
Credit and debit cards will be refunded to the original credit or debit card
Customer will be required to fill out a Refund Voucher to verify the return was completed. The personal information provided on a Refund Voucher is required in order to process the refund and is used for auditing purposes as well as to ensure customer satisfaction. A QDF representative may contact you to confirm your customer service expectations were met.
QDF may issue QDF Gift Voucher for refunds.
Returns & Exchanges - Without Receipt
Exchanges not accompanied by a receipt will be processed at QDF discretion at the last lowest sale price for store credit.
Returns without receipt will not be accepted.
Return & Exchange Exclusions
Car, Bike & US$ 1 Million draw tickets.
Personal items (soaps, razors and similar).
Luxury watches over QAR 2,000.
Note: Other exclusions may apply
Returns & exchanges will only be approved if the original product is returned in the original sealed box with original tags intact, in saleable condition with a receipt and within the 90 day return period from original date of purchase.
Return Exclusions with limited exceptions
Warranty on electronic items is covered by the manufacturer. In case of product malfunction or the product not working up to a specific standard, the customer should inform QDF within 90 days of purchase personally, by phone (+974-4010-1486 or +974-4010-4167) or e-mail (email@example.com). The product needs to be returned back to the supplier to establish the problem and to offer a solution. A warranty is covered only when the product is used as per given standards. It will be deemed void, if the product is in any way mishandled by the customer. In some instances the customer may be required to deal directly with the manufacturer.
Due to copyright laws, DVDs, computer / video games, CDs and software returns & exchanges will ONLY be offered if the product is in its original packaging, unopened, in saleable condition, with receipt and within the 90 day return period from original date of purchase.
This policy excludes the following concessionaires: AU, BeIn Shop, Chopard, AND Nails, Paris St. Germain, Pharmacy, Qatar Museum Authority, Rolex, Seal & Go, Virgin, and WH Smith.
Unauthorised Actions Or Uses
You agree that you will use this website only for the purpose for which it is intended.
In particular, you agree that you will not make any unauthorised, false or fraudulent
purchase(s); that you will not attempt to interfere with the operation of this website,
or alter or corrupt any data or software.
You agree to follow and abide by these terms and conditions and by all instructions
and procedures set out in this website. You understand that a failure to follow
all instructions and procedures may lead to your unintended obligation to purchase
goods or services, to your forfeiture of products or services, to denial of access
to this website or to products or services, and possibly to legal action being brought